Buttery Maple Skillet Cornbread
Buttery Maple Skillet Cornbread is an easy skillet cornbread recipe that comes together in minutes. It’s moist, buttery, and the perfect side for soups, stews and chili!
I like my cornbread more than words can express. The fact that I have a lot of cornbread recipes here on the blog probably gave that away?
Normally I bake my bread in a baking dish or muffin pan, but I decided to try it in my cast iron skillet recently. Let’s just say that it was a life changing decision, because this skillet cornbread recipe was the best ever!
Skillet cornbread recipe
If you’ve never baked in a cast iron skillet, you’re in for a treat. The edges get amazingly crispy, while the interior stays tender and moist.
The cast iron skillet gets hotter and cooks more evenly, which produces those dramatically crispy edges.
How to make this skillet cornbread recipe:
This skillet cornbread recipe couldn’t be easier.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a large bowl, and add the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined, then gently fold in the corn.
- Pour the mixture into your greased cast iron skillet and spread evenly.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Recipe tips and substitutions:
- If you don’t have a cast iron skillet, you can certainly bake this cornbread recipe in an 8×8″ baking dish or muffin pans. Keep in mind that cooking times will vary.
- Honey may be substituted for the maple syrup.
- The corn may be omitted if desired.
More delicious cornbread recipes:
Skillet Cornbread with Jalapeño and Chives by Food Fashion Party
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 36mg Sodium: 298mg Carbohydrates: 26g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 5g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g