Cilantro Lime Rice
Cilantro Lime Rice is an easy side dish bursting with fresh lime and cilantro flavor. It’s even better than Chipotle’s!
I had a bag of limes, and I was really excited to use them, so my next two posts are doused with lime juice.
I think that’s a good thing, and I hope you do, too. 🙂
I’m always looking to jazz up my side dishes to make them more exciting, and this Cilantro Lime Rice is definitely just that…exciting.
Cilantro and lime are a match made in heaven, and this rice is loaded with both flavors. It’s so simple and fresh, and the flecks of green just make this rice look so festive. It’s a great side for almost anything you’re serving. 🙂
I happen to love cilantro. When I eat Mexican food, I always order my food with extra cilantro on the side.
I’ve definitely gone on and on about my love for citrus, and I honestly believe most things taste better with citrus flavor. This rice is a great example — the lime and cilantro boost it with big, fresh flavors.
I served it with a spicy grilled shrimp marinated in….you guessed it…plenty of lime. The shrimp will be coming next. 🙂
This Cilantro Lime Rice would be perfect served with grilled meats, fish, veggie kebabs, or any Mexican-inspired meal.
It’s quick and easy, but it’s flavorful and festive so it’s perfect for entertaining, too. This is no boring side dish. You’re gonna love it!
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of lime juice (1 1/2 large limes)
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place the rice, 1 tablespoon of canola oil, chicken broth, water, and salt in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat with the lid off. When the water is just above the top of the rice, reduce the heat to low and cover, cooking 15 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat, uncover, and place a clean dish towel over the top of the sauce pan for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons of canola oil, lime juice, and cilantro. Remove the dish towel from the sauce pan, and stir the lime juice mixture into the rice until combined. Serve warm and enjoy!
- For vegetarian rice, substitute water or vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
- Recipe adapted from Tracey's Culinary Adventures Cilantro Lime Rice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 190mg Carbohydrates: 8g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 2g