Fresh Key Lime Greek Yogurt Dip
Fresh Key Lime Greek Yogurt Dip is a creamy Greek yogurt dip bursting with fresh key lime flavor. It’s a wholesome appetizer or snack!
**The photos and recipe for this post were updated in March 2018.
I recently saw a lime dip that looked and sounded so delicious, but when I looked at the recipe I saw that the lime flavoring and sweetener came from an entire package of lime flavored Jell-O.
That dip wasn’t up my alley whatsoever but it gave me the inspiration I needed to create this Fresh Key Lime Greek Yogurt Dip!
Key Lime Greek Yogurt Dip
Citrus is ever present in my kitchen, and key limes are one of my favorite varieties. I’ll never forget the first time I saw a bag of key limes at the store and wondered if fresh key limes were really that much better than bottled key lime juice.
Times definitely change because it’s fresh key limes or nothing for me now. It only takes a few minutes to juice them and it’s completely worth the extra effort.
Plus you don’t get key lime zest from a bottle of juice. 🙂
That fresh key lime zest is as much the star of this dip as the actual juice. The zest contains oils that add even more flavor and aroma, resulting in a dip that’s bursting with key lime flavor.
The pretty flecks of green make this Fresh Key Lime Greek Yogurt Dip even more appealing too, don’t you agree?
This dip is low in fat as I used 2% plain Greek yogurt, but you can certainly use full fat or non-fat.
As for the sweetener, I love to use maple syrup, but honey, agave syrup or powdered sugar are great options as well.
Serve this Fresh Key Lime Greek Yogurt Dip with a variety of fruit and graham crackers for a party or an after school snack.
It’s a wholesome way to enjoy the flavors of key lime pie any day of the week!
More fresh key lime recipes!
Key lime cupcakes by Baker by Nature
- 1 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt (you may substitute with 0% or full fat if desired)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup, honey or powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh key lime juice (about 4 key limes )
- Fresh fruit and graham crackers, for serving
- Place the yogurt sweetener, lime zest and juice in a medium bowl and whisk until combined.
- Place the dip in a serving bowl and serve with your favorite fruit and graham crackers.
- Store leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- This dip is just sweet enough as it's served with sweet fruit and graham crackers. You can certainly add up to a tablespoon more sweetener to suit your taste.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 214Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 0gSugar: 45gProtein: 6g