Ham, Brie and Cranberry Sliders with Maple Rosemary Mustard
Ham, Brie and Cranberry Sliders with Maple Rosemary Mustard are festive, flavorful sliders that are perfect for holiday entertaining!
Ho, ho, ho…are you ready for Christmas? I’m almost ready although I still haven’t baked any cookies! I do have an excuse as I baked 3 dozen cupcakes for my son’s 16th birthday party on Sunday. Plus my neighbor brought over a giant tin full of cookies so clearly we didn’t any more.
Did I really just say that? It’s Christmas time so there’s always room for more cookies. 🙂
The cookies will have to wait however, because today I’m all about these sweet and savory Ham, Brie and Cranberry Sliders with Maple Rosemary Mustard!
These sliders were an idea that I came up with to help me use up some Cranberry Orange Sauce and brie cheese that I had leftover after Thanksgiving.
I bought our favorite black forest ham, mini pretzel buns and bam! –> things were taking shape.
I added some peppery arugula for a fresh element, which is the perfect contrast to the salty ham, creamy brie and tangy cranberry sauce.
There was just one more thing that my sliders needed….a special spread.
I added some maple syrup and chopped fresh rosemary from my garden to the dijon and slathered it all over the top of a slider bun.
That maple rosemary mustard is probably my favorite component to this sandwich, and that’s saying a lot since brie cheese and cranberry sauce are also involved. 🙂
These Ham, Brie and Cranberry Sliders with Maple Rosemary Mustard are so flavorful and festive, making them a great low-key option for Christmas Eve, Christmas or New Years Eve.
You can serve them cold as I did here, or pop them in a 350 degree oven just until the cheese melts and the buns are slightly toasted.
If warming them, you may want to add the arugula afterward to maintain freshness.
These sliders are also the perfect solution for your leftover Christmas ham, brie and cranberry sauce, or go on out and buy what you need to make them anyway.
They’re that good!
More ways to use up leftover ham:
Ham, Brie and Cranberry Sliders
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 6 slider rolls
- 1 1/2 cups fresh arugula
- 12 slices black forest ham
- 6 ounces brie cheese sliced
- 6 tablespoons [fresh cranberry orange sauce] or store bought
- Party picks or toothpicks for serving
- Stir together the dijon mustard, maple syrup and rosemary in a small bowl until combined. Set aside.
- Top the bottom of each slider bun with equal amounts of arugula, black forest ham, brie and cranberry sauce. Spread 1 tablespoon of mustard over the top of each slider bun and place on top of the sandwich.
- Secure with a party pick or toothpick, then serve and enjoy!
- Prep time above does not include preparation of the Fresh Cranberry Orange Sauce as that information may be found in that recipe.
- This recipe is easily scaled to feed a crowd! The quantities I’ve listed above will change based on the size of your slider rolls, so use as a rough estimate.
- Sliders may be assembled in advance. Cover with plastic wrap in the fridge until ready to serve.
- If serving warm, place on a baking sheet and heat in a 350 degree oven until the buns are toasty and the cheese melts. To maintain freshness, add the arugula after heating.
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.