Honey Thyme Whipped Goat Cheese and Fig Bites
Thank you Breton for sponsoring this post. Make everyday entertaining better with Breton!
Honey Thyme Whipped Goat Cheese and Fig Bites are an easy yet elegant 5-ingredient appetizer that are perfect for entertaining!
I love entertaining, but I have to admit that I get so caught up with the main dish and dessert that the appetizers are more of an after thought. Normally I make the same dips all the time like my 5-Minute Homemade Guacamole and Lemon Rosemary Hummus because I can make them in my sleep.
While I could eat both of those dips every day (and often do), it’s so nice to liven things up with a new crowd-pleasing appetizer. These Honey Thyme Whipped Goat Cheese and Fig Bites are definitely exciting, and be warned that they may just overshadow the entire menu!
I for one love appetizers, especially ones that incorporate cheese and fruit…sweet ‘n savory is where it’s at for me. If there’s a cheese plate around, I don’t stray too far from it and I may not be hungry for dinner.
These Honey Thyme Whipped Goat Cheese and Fig Bites are so elegant and almost effortless. You’re 5 ingredients away from an appetizer that’s going to wow the crowd!
One of the main reasons that these bites are so delicious is because they’re made with Breton Artisanal Sweet Potato and Ancient Grains crackers.
These crackers are baked with real pieces of sweet potato and the hearty ancient grains of rye and quinoa. They’re tender yet hearty, and the sweet potato flavor really shines through!
Breton offers a variety of flavors and textures, with endless ways to enjoy them for any occasion. Whether you’d like to make a simple appetizer, a delicious crust, or eat them right out of the box, there’s a perfect cracker for everyone.
I love that Breton crackers are made with wholesome real ingredients, and contain 0 grams of trans fat and no artificial flavors or preservatives.
Crackers this special needed to be topped with an extra special spread, and this honey thyme whipped goat cheese is just that. It’s hands down one of the best dips I’ve ever made.
The combination of the tangy goat cheese, savory thyme, and sweet honey is magical. The dip is amazingly creamy too, and takes all of 2 minutes to make!
Let’s keep that our little secret. 🙂
While you can top these bites with almost any type of fresh fruit, I chose figs because they’re a favorite of mine and the season is far too short.
I incorporate figs into as many dishes as I can when they’re in season! See my Small-Batch Fig Honey Jam, Grilled Fig, Bacon, and Arugula Flatbread Pizza, and Brie, Fig Jam, and Serrano Ham Crostini for inspiration.
Figs are the perfect pairing with the goat cheese, thyme, and honey, and the Breton Artisanal Sweet Potato and Ancient Grains crackers push these bites right over the top.
I can honestly say that I’ll be serving these Honey Thyme Whipped Goat Cheese and Fig Bites all the time because they’re just the effortless make-it-in-my-sleep type of appetizer that I need up my sleeve.
Be prepared to wow your guests…and yourself.
- 5 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey (plus more for drizzling)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme (plus fresh thyme leaves for garnish)
- pinch salt
- 16 fresh figs, each sliced in 4 slices or quartered
- 32 Breton crackers
- Place the softened goat cheese in a medium bowl and whip until light. Add the honey, chopped thyme, and pinch of salt, and beat until combined.
- Just before serving, spread each cracker with a half tablespoon of the whipped goat cheese and top with half a fig.
- Garnish with thyme leaves and a drizzle of honey and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- The whipped goat cheese may be made in advance.
- Do not assemble the bites more than a couple of minutes in advance as the crackers will become soft.
- Please keep in mind that the nutrition information is an estimate as the numbers will vary depending on the size of the figs, the goat cheese that you may use, etc.
Serving Size:2 bites
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 123mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.