Honey Soy Steak Kebabs with Cilantro Lime Sauce
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions expressed here are mine alone. #KickinItWithKikkoman #CollectiveBias
Honey Soy Steak Kebabs with Cilantro Lime Sauce are tender, flavorful grilled steak kebabs served with a fresh cilantro lime sauce!
Labor Day is bittersweet for me. It’s great to have a long weekend to soak up the sun and enjoy great food with family and friends, but it’s marks the unofficial end of summer. Fall is my favorite season, but this year I’m having a harder time letting go of summer.
There’s nothing to do about it other than suck it up and revel in Labor Day weekend, which definitely includes grilling up some of these Honey Soy Steak Kebabs with Cilantro Lime Sauce!
If that doesn’t perk me up, nothing will. 🙂
Honey Soy Steak Kebabs
I normally cook with leaner meats, so it’s a really special occasion when I prepare beef. My boys would eat it every day if they could, so they always get really excited when beef is on the menu.
To say that they were thrilled with these kebabs is an understatement!
These Honey Soy Steak Kebabs with Cilantro Lime Sauce have amazing flavor, and it all starts with Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce.
Kikkoman® is a brand that I trust and I’ve used it for years! I’ve used both Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce and Kikkoman® Less Sodium Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce. Both are perfect for home cooks looking to reduce their sodium intake without sacrificing flavor.
Kikkoman’s® Less Sodium Soy Sauce is the only soy sauce that I use. It isn’t only a major flavor enhancer — it also brings out the “umami” taste and also helps balance and round out flavors.
Kikkoman® is extremely versatile and not just for Asian sauces and marinades. It’s very mainstream and perfect for summer holiday grilling and day-to-day weeknight grilling recipes!
Click here for more summer grilling inspiration!
When it comes to grilling meat, the marinade is the key to making it tender and flavorful. This honey soy marinade lends addicting sweet and savory flavors to these steak kebabs!
The longer you marinate the steak, the more flavor it will have. I suggest a minimum of 3 hours, and overnight if you have the time.
The cilantro lime sauce really gives these steak kebabs a burst of freshness that I love, and really makes the flavors shine. It’s the perfect accompaniment!
These Honey Soy Steak Kebabs with Cilantro Lime Sauce will be the hit of your Labor Day menu and will definitely ease the pain of the unofficial end of summer.
Take it from me. 🙂
More kebab recipes:
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1.5 - 2 lbs. top sirloin steak, fat trimmed and cut into 1" cubes, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into chunks
Cilantro Lime Sauce:
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Prepare the marinade:
- Whisk the soy sauce, 3 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and garlic clove in a small bowl until combined.
- Place the meat in a bowl or baking dish. Pour the marinade into the bowl and toss to coat the meat completely. Cover and marinate for up to 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium and oil the grates.
- Thread the chunks of steak and red onion onto (4) large metal skewers. Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes until each side is charred and the meat is cooked to the desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from heat, cover loosely in foil, and let rest for 2-3 minutes.
Prepare the Cilantro Lime Sauce:
- Place the cilantro, garlic clove, lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until coarsely chopped. With the machine running, add the olive oil through the feed tube and process until the sauce is smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the steak kebabs with the cilantro lime sauce and enjoy!
- The skewers may be assembled in advance and cooked just before serving time.
- It's best to make the cilantro lime sauce just before serving to retain its green color.
- The nutrition information is an estimate. I've used My Fitness Pal to calculate the information based on the quantities and ingredients I've used here, however the numbers will vary depending on the brands and quantities that you use.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 605Saturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 140mgSodium: 848mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 15gProtein: 44g