Honey Soy Steak Kebabs with Cilantro Lime Sauce
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions expressed here are mine alone. #KickinItWithKikkoman #CollectiveBias
Honey Soy Steak Kebabs are tender, flavorful steak marinated, skewered and grilled to perfection. There served with a fresh cilantro lime sauce for the perfect summer meal!
Labor Day is bittersweet for me. It’s great to have a long weekend to soak up the sun and enjoy great food with family and friends, but it’s marks the unofficial end of summer. Fall is my favorite season, but this year I’m having a harder time letting go of summer.
There’s nothing to do about it other than suck it up and revel in Labor Day weekend, which definitely includes grilling up some of these steak kebabs!
If that doesn’t perk me up, nothing will. 🙂
I normally cook with leaner meats, so it’s a really special occasion when I prepare beef. My boys would eat it every day if they could, so they always get really excited when beef is on the menu.
To say that they were thrilled with these kebabs is an understatement!
These grilled steak kebabs have amazing flavor, and it all starts with Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce.
Kikkoman® is a brand that I trust and I’ve used it for years. I’ve used both Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce and Kikkoman® Less Sodium Teriyaki Marinade & Sauce. Both are perfect for home cooks looking to reduce their sodium intake without sacrificing flavor.
Soy sauce isn’t only a major flavor enhancer — it also brings out the “umami” taste and helps balance and round out flavors.
It’s extremely versatile and not just for Asian sauces and marinades. It’s very mainstream and perfect for summer holiday grilling and day-to-day weeknight grilling recipes!
When it comes to grilling meat, the marinade is the key to making it tender and flavorful. This easy steak marinade lends addicting sweet and savory flavors to these kebabs!
The longer you marinate the steak, the more flavor it will have. I suggest a minimum of 3 hours, and overnight if you have the time.
The cilantro lime sauce really gives the steak a burst of freshness that I love, and really makes the flavors shine. It’s the perfect accompaniment!
These steak skewers will be the hit of your Labor Day menu and will definitely ease the pain of the unofficial end of summer.
Take it from me. 🙂
See all of my Grilling recipes.
More kebab recipes you’ll love:
Honey Soy Steak Kebabs with Cilantro Lime Sauce
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 large clove garlic
- 2 lbs. top sirloin steak fat trimmed and cut into 1″ cubes, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 red onion peeled and cut into chunks
Cilantro Lime Sauce:
- 1 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Prepare the marinade:
- Whisk the soy sauce, 3 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon lime juice, and garlic clove in a small bowl until combined.
- Place the meat in a bowl or baking dish. Pour the marinade into the bowl and toss to coat the meat completely. Cover and marinate for up to 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill to medium and oil the grates.
- Thread the chunks of steak and red onion onto (4) large metal skewers. Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning every 2 minutes until each side is charred and the meat is cooked to the desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from heat, cover loosely in foil, and let rest for 2-3 minutes.
Prepare the Cilantro Lime Sauce:
- Place the cilantro, garlic clove, lime juice, honey, salt, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until coarsely chopped. With the machine running, add the olive oil through the feed tube and process until the sauce is smooth. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve the steak kebabs with the cilantro lime sauce and enjoy!
- The skewers may be assembled in advance and cooked just before serving time.
- It’s best to make the cilantro lime sauce just before serving to retain its green color.
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.
19 Comments on “Honey Soy Steak Kebabs with Cilantro Lime Sauce”
Summer is definitely bittersweet for me, too. Like you, I love fall, but I hate for the warmer weather and all of that fresh summer produce to end! These kebabs look like the perfect Labor Day meal. I’m loving that easy marinade and the cilantro lime sauce. Definitely my kind of summer meal!
It’s 100+ this week so I think I’ll really be ready for fall by the end of the week! Thanks Gayle!
I’m so sad to see summer produce go away! I’m already dreaming of next year’s berry recipes 🙂 These kebabs sound like a great way to send my favorite season off in style, though
I keep thinking about making recipes with berries and cherries and realize I shouldn’t. It’s so sad! Thanks Kelsie!
It’s crazy how quickly the summer flew right by 🙁 I could definitely use another six months of it, lol! I’m loving these kebabs! Definitely perfect for grilling up over Labor Day Weekend and enjoying the last weeks of warm weather!
It sure is and I’m trying to find it within me to make pumpkin and apple recipes — the inspiration just isn’t there yet! Thanks Julia!
I make steak every weekend for my husband, but I always make something else for myself. I have YET to make steak kebabs this year for him though and obviously I need to change that IMMEDIATELY because these look amazing! I have a feeling I won’t be cooking anything different for myself though, because I’m drooling over these! Gimme those kebabs! Cheers, friend!
P.s. YAY to kebab twinning! <3
What a nice wife you are! My husband and I don’t eat steak much but dang my kids are crazy about it. Thanks Cheyanne!
I am really hanging onto summer this year too! I think it’s because it’s been such a beautiful one. I am not ready to say goodbye! I love, love the flavours in this one Marcie. We love grilling steak on a weekend and I’m thinking this is going to be our next recipe to try!
I don’t know what it is about this summer that’s keeping me from wrapping my head around fall! We’ll get there eventually right? 🙂
Dear Marcie, your kebabs look perfect! I love the dipping sauce too…a perfect summer dish.
Thanks so much Balvinder!
That cilantro lime sauce though! ? Pass me a spoon!
Spoon coming up Manali! 🙂 Thanks!
Thanks so much Akhila!
I can’t get over how juicy and succulent they look! And the onion in between is always a good idea!
This seems like an excellent sauce for a BBQ! Can I use dried cilantro, Marcie?
Thanks Agness! This particular sauce would only work with fresh herbs I’m afraid.