No Bake Nutella Cookies
No Bake Nutella Cookies are an easy no bake cookie recipe that comes together in about 10 minutes. They’re rich, chocolatey and delicious!
**This post was originally published in July 2013. The photos, text and recipe have been updated.
I don’t know about you, but I’m really into no bake desserts lately. Obviously when it’s hot, most of us don’t want to crank up the oven and melt the house down.
I get cranky when I’m hot….I think I told you that before. 🙂
These No Bake Nutella Cookies are a breeze to make, and they keep the house cool. If that’s not enough, they’re absolutely delicious.
They’re full of rich chocolate hazelnut flavor, and have a nice chewy texture from the oats. If that’s not enough, they’re also gluten-free.
I made my No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies for my family before and they loved them, so I decided to change things up and swap the peanut butter for Nutella.
The Nutella worked so well in these cookies, and needless to say, everyone loved this version too.
When chocolate and hazelnut is involved, it’s hard to go wrong. 🙂
I love that these cookies only include a few simple ingredients and that they’re naturally gluten-free.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cocoa powder
- Chocolate hazenut spread (I used Justin’s, but Nutella works wonderfully too!)
- Rolled oats or quick oats
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate sprinkles or mini chocolate chips (optional)
How to make this recipe
These easy no bake cookies come together in mere minutes! The hardest part is waiting for them to set in the refrigerator. 🙂
- Place the butter, sugar, milk and cocoa powder in a medium sauce pan and cook over medium low until the butter melts. Whisk to combine, then increase the heat to medium and bring to boil. Boil the mixture for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Stir in the Nutella and vanilla extract until smooth. Add the oats and stir until well coated with the Nutella mixture.
- Drop the cookies onto a waxed paper lined baking sheet and press down with the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass. Top with chocolate sprinkles or mini chocolate chips, if desired, and press down gently to adhere.
- Chill for 30 minutes or until set.
- To make these Nutella no bake cookies completely gluten-free, use certified gluten-free oats.
- Old fashioned rolled oats or quick oats may be used in these no bake nutella oatmeal cookies. Just keep in mine that the rolled oats add a chewier texture.
- I prefer to use Justin’s chocolate hazelnut almond butter spread instead of Nutella as it contains less sugar and preservatives.
More no bake cookies you’ll love!
No Bake Coconut Macaroons by Beaming Baker
No Bake Nutella Oatmeal Cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk or your favorite milk
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups quick or old fashioned rolled oats
- Add the butter, cocoa powder, sugar, milk and pinch of salt to a small sauce pan and heat over medium low until the butter melts. Increase the heat to medium and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once the mixture has reached a rolling boil, boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add the chocolate hazelnut spread and vanilla to the pan and stir until smooth. Add the oats and stir until they’re completely coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Using a 1/2" cookie scoop, scoop the cookie mixture onto a baking sheet lined with waxed paper (each cookie should be about a heaping tablespoon), then flatten with the palm of your hand or the bottom of a glass. Sprinkle the cookies with chocolate sprinkles or mini chocolate chips and press gently.
- Refrigerate the cookies for a minimum of 30 minutes or until set. Enjoy!
- Total Time above includes 30 minute setting time for the cookies.
- Cookies keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 5-7 days.
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.