Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs
Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs are juicy, lemon thyme roasted chicken thighs with potatoes and green beans. This is an easy one pot dinner that the entire family will love!
We’ve got some major comfort food up in here today! If I sound happy about it, it’s because I am. I’m not dreading the end of summer any longer and have my sights set on soups, chili, and all things comfort food.
You saw the Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes that I posted on Monday didn’t you?
Yaaasss….major comfort food.
One of my favorite forms of comfort food is roasted chicken. I love making it for Sunday dinner with the aforementioned mashed potatoes and it’s the perfect soul warming dinner. The men in my house get their meat and potatoes which makes them perfectly content.
These Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs have everything a good roast chicken Sunday dinner has minus the effort.
And minus the dishes!
Normally I don’t use chicken thighs, but for whatever reason I grabbed some at the store and decided to use them in a sheet pan meal instead of salmon or chicken breast.
It was one of the best decisions ever. 🙂
I purchased skin-on chicken because the men in my house love it and it keeps the chicken thighs nice and juicy. The chicken skin created some amazing pan drippings that the potatoes and green beans were coated in, and I swear it tasted just as good as the roasted chicken Sunday dinners that I slave over.
Suffice it to say, nobody in my house turned up their nose at dinner that night.
I’m over the moon about these sheet pan chicken thighs and potatoes, and love that I can customize it with whatever is in season. Sweet potatoes, butternut squash, broccoli…you name it!
This is the easiest way to get your comfort food fix during the week, with only one pan to wash!
This is how you win at dinner time. 🙂
More chicken recipes you’ll love:
Chicken tacos by Damn Delicious
Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1.5 lemons juice 1 lemon, slice 1/2 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 lbs. bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 lb. baby potatoes halved
- 8 ounces green beans trimmed and halved
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the oil, lemon juice, garlic and thyme in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste. Place the chicken on a large rimmed baking sheet and toss with half of the olive oil mixture, making sure to coat the meat under the skin as well. Place a lemon slice under the skin of each thigh along with an additional sprig of thyme if desired.
- Toss the potatoes and green beans in the remaining olive oil mixture, seasoning generously with salt and pepper. Spread in an even layer on the rimmed baking sheet with the chicken.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees. Cool slightly, serve, and enjoy!
- You may marinate the chicken in the olive oil mixture for a few hours or overnight for even more flavor. Simply the toss the potatoes and green beans in the remaining marinade and toss everything onto the sheet pan and roast!
- To reduce fat, use skinless chicken thighs.
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.
16 Comments on “Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs”
Sheet pan dinners are the best thing ever. This one looks amazing!
Thank you. I’m saving this recipe for later because it looks and sounds amazing!
It’s been in the 90s here lately so it’s hard to think about fall, but I’m trying to embrace it! This sheet pan meal looks perfect, Marcie! I love cooking with thyme, so this recipe is calling my name. Sounds like the perfect comfort food meal!
It’s way too hot where you are! It’s cooled off here a bit for now so it’s really feeling like fall. Thanks Gayle!
We’re 200% on the same page when it comes to favorite comfort foods – bone-in, skin-on chicken is where it’s at for me! Loving this one-and-done sheet pan dinner! It looks soooo cozy and nutritious to boot!
Thanks Julia! 🙂
This is so many levels of perfection! I just bought some chicken thighs the other day too (skin on of course ;). Sheet pan meals save me! I can’t wait to try this one out, I just know it’s going to be a hit! Pinned!
Thanks Katherine and they totally save me too! My meat and potatoes men love this one!
I am making this tonight, cannot wait. I used chicken parts and sweet and blue potatoes with green beans
I hope you enjoy it Mary, and I will be trying this with sweet potatoes soon!
I’m always looking for easy sheet pan recipes. My family loves them and I am obsessed with how easy they are. Can’t wait to try this!
Thanks Stephanie and I hope you enjoy this!
Can you use lemon juice if you don’t have fresh lemons?