Banana Coconut Cream Smoothie
Banana Coconut Cream Smoothie is thick and creamy, with Greek yogurt, coconut milk, and plenty of banana. Top it with whipped cream, fresh banana, and toasted coconut for an extra special treat.
I’ve been on a mission for healthier alternatives lately to satisfy my sweet tooth. I want creamy and dreamy without the guilt. The answer? This Banana Coconut Cream Smoothie. It’s so thick and creamy that you’d think you were drinking a milkshake. This smoothie is a healthy snack that is also one delicious treat. 🙂
For me, it’s not a smoothie unless it contains banana — and that’s no monkey business. 😉 The flavor is unmatched, and it helps to make the smoothie even thicker and creamier, which is the way I prefer mine. Bananas are also very filling, which helps to satisfy you longer. There are two large frozen bananas in this smoothie, so it’s packed with banana goodness. There’s also plenty of protein-packed Greek yogurt here, so you know this smoothie is going curb your appetite for a good while. 🙂
Coconut milk is a pantry staple for me, as I love using it in dishes like my Creamy Coconut Rice, Raspberry Coconut Baked French Toast, and of course, smoothies like this. Since I’m a coconut fanatic, I couldn’t resist topping this smoothie with toasted coconut for a bigger boost of coconut flavor and a nice crunch. 🙂
The whipped topping? That’s completely optional, of course, but I did add the word cream in the title for a reason. I couldn’t help myself — I did say I wanted creamy and dreamy after all. Besides, a dollop of whipped cream isn’t going to hurt anybody, and nobody was hurt during the preparation and consumption of this smoothie. Thank goodness nobody tried to take mine away from me. 😉
- 1½ cups plain Greek yogurt (I used Chobani 0%)
- 2 large frozen bananas, cut into chunks
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (I used light)
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup (honey or simple syrup can be substituted)
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- *toasted coconut and fresh banana for garnish, optional
- Place the Greek yogurt, frozen bananas, coconut milk and agave syrup in a blender. Mix until smooth, and pour into glasses.
- Place the whipping cream into a mixing bowl and begin beating. Add the teaspoon of powdered sugar and continue beating until medium peaks form.
- Top the smoothies with a dollop of whipped cream and top with toasted coconut and fresh banana, if desired.
Instead of making your own toasted coconut, buy the sweetened toasted coconut flakes at Trader Joe's -- they would be perfect here!
To toast your own coconut, place coconut in a large skillet over medium heat until golden brown and fragrant, about 5-8 minutes. Keep a close eye on it as it can burn quickly.
Recipe by Flavor the Moments.