Chai Spiced Maple Candied Nuts + Building A Party Platter
Chai Spiced Maple Candied Nuts is a recipe for easy stove top candied nuts along with a tutorial on assembling the perfect party platter!
The Christmas season is upon us! I’ll admit that I haven’t wrapped my head around that fact yet, but I’m desperately trying to. 🙂 These Chai Spiced Maple Candied Nuts are my first recipe with the holidays in mind.
My Roasted Nuts are one of my favorite holiday appetizers, and I was anxious to try a new, sweeter version made on the stove top instead of the oven!
These Chai Spiced Maple Candied Nuts are a healthier candied nut made with a minimal amount of unrefined sugar (maple syrup and coconut sugar) and the warm spices of chai, compliments of my Homemade Chai Spice.
I thought these nuts would be perfect as a crunchy element to a party platter which starts with creamy, delectable Boar’s Head Dark Chocolate Dessert Hummus.
Yes…you saw that right –> dark chocolate dessert hummus!
I love hummus and have several recipes here including my Rosemary Hummus and Butternut Squash Hummus. I’ve never thought to make a dessert version, and after trying Boar’s Head Dark Chocolate Dessert Hummus my mind is officially opened.
It tastes just like brownie batter.
Boar’s Head Dark Chocolate Dessert Hummus is so creamy, chocolatey, and decadent. It’s zero guilt with all the indulgence!
I love that this hummus is crafted with ingredients that are Non-GMO Project verified. Steamed chickpeas are blended with cocoa powder, organic sugar and real vanilla, which result in an extraordinary tasting healthier indulgence.
Boar’s Head Dark Chocolate Dessert Hummus is in addition to Boar’s Head’s normal line featuring nine premium flavors that are available year round, but it’s only available for a limited time.
Go on out and get some quick before it’s gone!
Once you get your hands on this amazing hummus, be sure and document your own creations or moments with Boar’s Head Dark Chocolate Dessert Hummus by tagging @boarshead_official on Facebook/Instagram and the brand may repost!
Now, let’s discuss how to make the perfect party platter for entertaining!
A great party platter should include ingredients that compliment one another and add contrasting flavors and textures.
These include ingredients that are:
Since we eat with our eyes, a great party platter should always include a variety of colors. They give the platter that “wow” factor and make it exciting and inviting.
The dip is our creamy element, and is the main focal point of the platter. Everything else is the supporting cast, and includes ingredients that add a variety of colors, textures and flavors that compliment our dip.
I used a large amount of fresh fruit to keep our healthier indulgence theme, and they provide this platter with the variety of colors that it needs.
I also added dehydrated banana to add more texture to the platter. Dried fruit such as apricots, cherries or candied orange would also be a wonderful addition.
The pretzel twists provide the platter with a salty/crunchy/savory element that works perfectly with the dark chocolate. Graham crackers would also be a great choice.
The Chai Spiced Maple Candied Nuts are another crunchy element that adds plenty of warm spice and even more texture to the mix.
They’re a healthier option that works perfectly on this platter. While they’re candied, they’re just sweet enough, and the chai flavor pairs beautifully with the Boar’s Head Dark Chocolate Dessert Hummus.
And there you have it — the perfect party platter!
I had a lot of fun working on this platter, and my boys and I had a lot of fun devouring it right after I was done photographing it. They love the Boar’s Head Dark Chocolate Dessert Hummus as much as I do, and it’s something that I feel good about serving.
I can hardly believe something that tastes so great can be healthy.
You just have to try it to understand!
The same goes for the Chai Spiced Maple Candied Nuts. They’re crunchy and spicy-sweet, and only take about 10 minutes to prepare. Cool them completely and store in an air tight container until you’re ready to assemble your platter.
While you can make them in advance, you may not have any left for your platter because they’re on the addicting side.
Just be sure to make that party platter quick. 🙂
Chai Spiced Maple Candied Nuts + Building A Party Platter
For the nuts:
- 3 cups mixed nuts I used 1 cup each almonds, pecans and walnuts*
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons Homemade Chai Spice Mix plus more for dusting
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the platter:
- Boar's Head Dark Chocolate Dessert Hummus
- Orange slices
- Dehydrated banana or banana chips
- Chai Spiced Maple Candied Nuts
Prepare the nuts:
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat mat and set aside.
- Place the maple syrup, coconut sugar, orange juice, zest and salt in a large saucepan over medium low heat and stir. Cook until the sugar melts, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the nuts and stir to coat. Stir constantly until the mixture is no longer sticky (it will appear dry and crystallized) and has completely coated the nuts (about 5-7 minutes).
- Pour the nuts onto the prepared baking sheet, toss with another 1/2 teaspoon chai spice mix if desired, and spread into a single layer. Cool completely for about 15 minutes.
Assemble the party platter:
- Place the Boar's Head Dark Chocolate Hummus in a serving bowl and place in the center of your platter. Decoratively arrange the fruit, dehydrated banana, pretzels and nuts around the dip. Serve and enjoy!
- Use toasted nuts for maximum flavor! I love using Trader Joe's pre-toasted nuts or toast them yourself in a large skillet over medium low heat, stirring often, until golden and fragrant (about 8 minutes).
- Store nuts in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Substitute the ingredients on this platter with any assortment of your favorite fresh fruit, dried fruit, crackers, etc.
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.