Curry Chicken Salad
Curry Chicken Salad is creamy curry chicken salad served in a cool, crisp lettuce wrap. It’s the perfect low carb, high protein meal!
When I go out to eat, I love experiencing something different that I’ve never had or made before.
Sometimes I order things that seem really difficult that I know I’ll never be able to replicate, then sometimes I get lucky and order something that I know I can handle.
This Curry Chicken Salad was inspired by a curry chicken salad sandwich that I enjoyed at a little café in Berkeley. It was so delicious, I couldn’t wait to try making it.
The curry chicken salad is so refreshing with crunchy green onions, chewy golden raisins, and toasted walnuts, tossed in a creamy, curry dressing.
Serve it up in lettuce wraps, a baguette, or atop a salad and you’ve got the perfect light lunch or dinner. 🙂
I knew I could make this salad easily because I already have a go-to curry dressing for my Coleslaw with Creamy Curry Dressing. I just used it, and it worked perfectly.
I love repurposing recipes. 🙂
I poached the chicken breasts for this salad, but you can bake it, cook it in your slow cooker, or use rotisserie chicken. This chicken salad is perfect for utilizing leftover chicken.
I used toasted walnuts here, but toasted, sliced almonds would be great as well. Trader Joe’s sells them pre-toasted, too! What a time saver.
This curry chicken salad is so versatile and quick to put together, there’s really no excuse not to make it is there?
You’ll be glad you did. 🙂
More chicken recipes you’ll love:
Crockpot shredded chicken by The Recipe Rebel
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 lb.), cooked and shredded
- 1 large stalk celery, white part trimmed off, halved and coarsely chopped
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup toasted walnut pieces or sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup reduced fat Vegenaise or low fat mayo
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the chicken, celery, green onions, golden raisins, and toasted nuts in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the Veganaise, canola oil, vinegar, honey, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Pour the dressing over the chicken mixture, and stir gently to combine.
- Serve on your favorite bread, in lettuce wraps, or atop a salad!
- To toast the walnuts or almonds, place the nuts in a large skillet in a single layer. Cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes until golden and fragrant. Watch closely as they burn quickly!
- Total time above does not include cooking the chicken. Poach, bake, or use leftover or rotisserie chicken.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 481 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 27g Cholesterol: 52mg Sodium: 228mg Carbohydrates: 26g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 15g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 26g