Easy Chicken Parmesan Burgers
Easy Chicken Parmesan Burgers are juicy ground chicken burgers topped with marinara sauce fresh mozzarella, and basil leaves. They’re a healthier way to enjoy chicken parmesan!
Spring means a few things to me…gorgeous green hills (AKA hay fever), some of my favorite produce (asparagus, anyone?), and grilling a lot more outside because of better weather.
I grill year round, but since it’s not a whole lot of fun grilling outside in freezing cold temps, normally I use my indoor grill pan in the winter.
Since spring has sprung, I’m grilling outside almost every day and I couldn’t be happier about it. Especially when dinner is as tasty as these Easy Chicken Parmesan Burgers. 🙂
I love making burgers because they’re so quick, and being that I have a house full of men to feed, they’re always a hit. While I love using grass-fed ground beef, normally I opt to go healthier with ground turkey. For whatever reason, I rarely ever think about using ground chicken, so I’m glad these chicken parmesan burgers got me out of my ground turkey rut.
I was really surprised how juicy and flavorful these ground chicken burgers were. We all know that ground turkey can get pretty dry, and the same rule applies to ground chicken. To prevent that from happening, I like to grate some onion and mix it into the meat to provide moisture and flavor. For even more flavor, and to go with our whole chicken parmesan theme, we add garlic, Italian seasoning, and grated parmesan to these as well, and grill them up to juicy perfection.
The recipe for Chicken Parmesan Burgers includes my Homemade Marinara Sauce. This marinara sauce can be made in 30 minutes time no problem, just get it going first, then work on the burgers while it simmers. The best case scenario would be to have this marinara sauce made ahead of time and stored in the freezer for busy nights, so all you have to do it heat it up and spread it over the top of your burgers.
Making it ahead and freezing it is definitely the way I like to roll.
Once you’ve grilled your burgers, top them with some marinara sauce, a slice of fresh mozzarella, basil leaves, and serve them up! The creamy fresh mozzarella melts down slightly into the marinara, and the basil gives this burger a nice freshness that I loved.
These Easy Chicken Parmesan Burgers are great way to get the classic flavors of chicken parmesan in a nice, juicy burger! And you’ll be giving your family a quick, healthy meal that they’re going to love.
This meal is a big win-win. 🙂
More burger recipes you’ll love:
Black bean burgers by Tastes Better From Scratch
- 1/2 cup Homemade Marinara Sauce, or store bought marinara
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices fresh mozzarella
- fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the grill to medium, and oil the grates with the canola oil.
- Place the ground chicken. parmesan, grated onion, garlic, and Italian seasoning in a medium bowl and mix together gently with your hands until combined. Form into (4) burgers and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill the burgers for 4 minutes per side or until no longer pink.
- Place each burger on a bun and top with marinara sauce, fresh mozzarella, and basil leaves. Serve and enjoy!
- Recipe for Easy Tomato Basil Marinara Sauce. Recipe instructions state to simmer for 30 minutes, but just simmer for a little less time for this meal. Sauce may also be made in advance and stored in the freezer until ready to use.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 382Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 705mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 35g
Nutrition information is mean to be an estimate only. The numbers will vary based on the quantity consumed, brands used and substitutions that are made.