Fluffy Cranberry Orange Eggnog Pancakes
This post was sponsored by Clover Sonoma. All opinions expressed here are mine alone.
Fluffy Cranberry Orange Eggnog Pancakes are whole grain eggnog pancakes topped with whipped cream and orange sugared cranberries. They’re one special holiday breakfast!
I know, I know…another cranberry orange recipe! Somebody help me, because I’m clearly obsessed. This time is different however, because eggnog is added to the mix.
These Fluffy Cranberry Orange Eggnog Pancakes are a stack of holiday heaven.
I told you when I posted my Orange Sugared Cranberries that I’d incorporated them into two recipes already, and this is the second. That means I won’t be inundating you with cranberry orange recipes for at least a little while, ok?
I do need to get to other favorites like gingerbread and chocolate and peppermint at some point. 🙂
I don’t normally drink a lot of eggnog during the holidays, but I always buy it because my kids love to drink it and I absolutely adore baking with it.
My Eggnog French Toast Casserole has been a holiday staple the past few years. I love the richness and flavor that eggnog lends to baked goods…you’ve just got to try it!
I didn’t use any old eggnog for these pancakes — I used my goto brand from Clover Stornetta Farms.
Clover Stornetta Farms has been a brand I’ve trusted for years. Clover milk comes from family farms in Sonoma and Marin counties that go through great measures to ensure that the cleanest milk possible is delivered.
Clover Stornetta Farms also follows sustainable agriculture practices and tend small herds on spacious ranches where the cows are healthy and treated well. The cows are not given the synthetic growth hormone rBST, which is very important to me.
Clover also has an organic dairy line, Clover Organic Farms, which produced a Limited Edition Organic 100th Anniversary Eggnog. Y
For these Fluffy Cranberry Orange Eggnog Pancakes, I also used Clover Stornetta Farms eggs in the pancakes, and Clover Organic Farms heavy whipping cream for the topping.
Clover Stornetta Farms products are quality you can taste, so as you can imagine, these are some quality pancakes.
These pancakes are whole grain because I used white whole wheat flour, and they’re still perfectly light and fluffy. I really couldn’t get over the texture — the eggnog really makes magical things happen!
Yes, the texture of these pancakes is incredible, and the flavors are even better. Even though I subbed all the milk out for eggnog in this recipe, the eggnog flavor is still subtle, and so is the sweetness. I added orange zest to the batter to give the pancakes themselves a fresh, citrus pop, and then come our toppings.
I dusted these lightly with powdered sugar for aesthetic reasons only — it looks so pretty with that vanilla whipped cream and sugared cranberries. This stack of pancakes could not be more festive could they?
The prep for these pancakes is very easy, but I have a few suggestions to make it go even faster:
First off, make the orange sugared cranberries in advance. Just store them at room temperature loosely covered with plastic wrap so the sugar doesn’t dissolve or weep, and you’re good to go.
When it comes to whipped cream, I only use homemade to avoid preservatives. This way, I can sweeten it/flavor it any way I like too. I always whip it in advance and store it in a bowl in the fridge, then just whisk it up a bit at serving time as it does separate some.
Fluffy Cranberry Orange Eggnog Pancakes are the perfect Christmas morning breakfast — there’s really no better way to start Christmas Day. 🙂
More cranberry orange recipes you’ll love:
Cranberry bliss bars by Recipe Girl
Cranberry orange mini cheesecakes
Fluffy Cranberry Orange Eggnog Pancakes
For the pancakes:
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large Clover Stornetta Farms eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 cups Clover Stornetta Farms 100% Natural Eggnog
For the whipped cream:
- 1/2 cup Clover Organic Farms heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar or orange sugar leftover from the sugared cranberries
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Powdered sugar for serving (optional)
- Preheat a non-stick griddle or skillet over medium heat.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat the eggs lightly until combined. Add the oil, orange zest, and eggnog, and whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until the flour is incorporated. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake onto the griddle. Cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown and fluffy.
Prepare the whipped cream:
- Place the heavy cream in a medium bowl with the sugar and vanilla. Beat on medium high until stiff peaks just begin to form. Be careful not to over whip.
- Serve the pancakes with a dusting of powdered sugar and top with whipped cream and orange sugared cranberries. Enjoy!
- Nutrition information does not include the sugared cranberries as that has been calculated in a separate post.
- You may substitute the white whole wheat flour with all purpose, whole wheat, or a combination of the two.
- It’s best to make the Orange Sugared Cranberries ahead as they require 1 hour drying time before rolling in sugar.
- You can also whip the cream ahead and store in an air tight container in the fridge, and whisk together just before serving.
- Pancakes are freezer friendly!
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.
20 Comments on “Fluffy Cranberry Orange Eggnog Pancakes”
I’ve been loving your cranberry orange recipes, Marcie! They’re so bright and cheery and you just can’t beat that flavor combination. These pancakes look absolutely gorgeous! You sure know how to make light and fluffy ones, and I’m impolitely loving the eggnog flavor in here. I try to sneak eggnog into baked goods this time of year, so having it for breakfast sounds perfect. What a fun holiday treat!
Thanks, Gayle — and eggnog is so terrific in baking AND all things breakfast. 🙂
SUCH a good flavor combo!! haha I might be a little biased though 😉
I’m the same way – I don’t like drinking eggnog but I love to bake with it! Or make pancakes! These sound fantastic!!
Eggnog gives baked goods such a great flavor and texture, doesn’t it! Thanks, Ashley, and have a great weekend!
I am loving this combo!! I am not much of an eggnog person but I can certainly get behind these super fluffy whole grain pancakes!! Looks so good Marcie!
Thank you so much, Ami!
Mmmm! These look beautiful. The texture looks beautiful, and the recipe sounds delicious!
Thank you so much Annie!
Such pretty pancakes, and they do look so awesomely festive! On that note, I think I might need to make pancakes for lunch now… 🙂
Haha, thanks Nicole! I want more of these too!
oh wow, what a wonderful holiday breakfast Marcie!! love it!
Thank you Manali!
These are so fun! I’m not an eggnog drinker but I would definitely like it in pancake form!
Love the cranberry and orange combination! These pancakes look beautiful! Perfect for Christmas morning!
Thank you Mira!
These pancakes look so fluffy and amazing, Marcie! I don’t drink eggnog much but love using it in recipes and it sounds perfect with the cranberry and orange combo! I’d love to wake up to a stack of these on every morning! 🙂
Thanks Kelly — I can’t wait to make these again!
Great flavour! Loved the orange sugared cranberries! Even used the leftover sugar for my whipped cream. Pancakes were a bit thin tho. Measurements were on par, unless you dont spoon your flour into the measuring cups. Still a great recipe! Would make again!
I’m so glad you enjoyed the pancakes Tyler!