Greek Orzo Pasta Salad
Greek Orzo Pasta Salad is fresh, tasty Greek orzo salad packed with fresh veggies, feta cheese and tossed in a homemade Greek dressing!
I’ve got Greek inspired food on the brain lately. It might be because I don’t get good Greek food enough, or it could also be that Easter is coming soon.
Easter is a huge holiday for Greeks, complete with leg of lamb, spanakopita, baklava, and Greek butter cookies (kourabiethes). There always, always has to be some type of Greek salad, as well. I like to change things up, as I get bored with the same old thing.
This Greek Orzo Pasta Salad is definitely not your run of the mill Greek salad. It’s orzo pasta, studded with cherry tomatoes, fresh chopped spinach, Kalamata olives, red onion, and crumbled feta cheese. The pasta salad is dressed with a tangy homemade greek dressing that takes it over the top. 🙂
This Greek pasta salad was inspired by one that my husband brought home to me from Whole Foods Market many years ago. I was crazy about it, so I got right to it and made my own. You can vary this up any way you see fit. T
he ingredients that I’ve listed are my favorites, but feel free to add yours! I think artichokes, red or yellow bell peppers would be great, too. Sky’s the limit!
The bottom line is, there’s nothing boring about this Greek Orzo Pasta Salad, so embrace your inner Greek. OPA! 😉
More Greek recipes you’ll love:
Greek Leg of Lamb by Recipe Tin Eats
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- 1 cup chopped, fresh spinach
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- Greek Salad Dressing
- toasted pine nuts for garnish
- Cook the orzo according to package directions.
- While the orzo is cooking, place the chopped spinach in a colander. When the orzo is done, pour it into the colander, over the spinach, to drain. This will wilt the spinach nicely! Rinse the orzo with a bit of cold water to cool it slightly and drain.
- Once the orzo and spinach have drained and cooled completely, place them in a medium bowl with the cherry tomatoes, olives, feta cheese, and red onion. Add the dressing and stir until it's well incorporated. Be sure to add the dressing just before serving as the pasta will absorb a considerable amount of the dressing as it sits.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts and enjoy!
- To toast pine nuts, place pine nuts in a small skillet over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes, till fragrant and golden brown. Be careful not to burn them!
- If you have leftover pasta salad, add more dressing as needed as the pasta will absorb a considerable amount of the dressing.
- Inspired by Whole Foods Market Greek Orzo Salad
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 153mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information is mean to be an estimate only. The numbers will vary based on the quantity consumed, brands used and substitutions that are made. This info does not include the dressing as that information is in a separate post.