Vegetarian Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodles
Vegetarian Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodles are an easy low carb meal packed with zoodles and veggies in a delicious Thai peanut sauce!
My son is in the middle of a 4-day Junior Olympic water polo tournament that has us traveling all over the San Francisco Bay Area, so this post may be a little more brief than usual.
I’ve been making these Vegetarian Thai Peanut Zucchini Noodles behind the scenes for a couple of months and I wanted to share them with you much sooner than this.
Better late than never! 🙂
This dish is the low carb version of my One Pot Thai Peanut Veggie Pasta, which is one of my most popular recipes. It’s gotten rave reviews, and I thought that a lightened up take on it would be appreciated.
It is swim suit season after all. 🙂
During the summer I love eating meals that are lighter, and sometimes I’m just not in the mood for a salad. These VegetarianThai Peanut Zucchini Noodles are the perfect hot meal that won’t weigh you down!
Now that it’s zucchini season, my spiralizer has been working overtime. Do you own a spiralizer? I love mine, but I’ll admit that sometimes I get lazy and I buy my zucchini noodles at the store. It can get costly over time, so I’m trying to spiralize my own zucchini and other veggies myself.
What works best for me is prepping my zoodles a day or two ahead so that I have them at the ready. It makes things go so much quicker and it’s all about getting dinner on the table fast isn’t it?
If you’re into meal prepping, you can certainly prep the other veggies ahead, or cook the entire dish and portion it into containers to eat throughout the week.
These Vegetarian Thai Peanut Veggie Noodles are the perfect meal prep meal!
Customize this recipe
There are so many ways that you can customize this meal to make it your own. It’s a perfect “clean out the fridge” meal to help you use up the veggies that you have on hand.
If you want a protein boost, add tofu or animal protein if you’re so inclined.
If carbohydrates aren’t a concern for you, substitute the zucchini noodles with sweet potato or butternut squash, or serve with a grain such as quinoa or rice to make it heartier.
More vegetarian meal inspiration:
- 5 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thickly along the lines
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 5 oz shitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 3 zucchini (about 1 1/2 lbs.) spiralized
- Juice of 1 lime, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts
- Place the soy sauce, peanut butter and rice wine vinegar in a small bowl and whisk until combined. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, mushroom and carrot and cook 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and ginger cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the bell pepper and zucchini and cook 2 minutes.
- Add the sauce and stir till combined. Cover and cook 2 minutes or until zucchini is softened to your desired consistency. Remove from heat and stir in the lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve warm topped with chopped peanuts and additional cilantro and lime wedges. Enjoy!
- The zucchini noodles may be prepped in advance, as well as the other veggies, to make meal prep go even faster.
- For more protein, add tofu or your favorite animal protein.
- If you're not worried about carbs, serve with rice or quinoa!
Serving Size:6 servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 504mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 6gSugar: 9gProtein: 7g