Lighter Sonoma Almond Chicken Salad Sliders
This post has been sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds, and all opinions expressed here are my own.
Lighter Sonoma Almond Chicken Salad Sliders are slider rolls filled with a lightened up Sonoma chicken salad with almonds, cranberries, celery, and fresh chopped rosemary. They’re fresh, festive, and are a perfect healthier option for parties and Game Day celebrations!
Hello! How was your Christmas? I feel like it’s been forever since I posted a recipe for you. I promised you last week that I would have an appetizer recipe today, and I’ve made good on my promise. These Lighter Sonoma Almond Chicken Salad Sliders are a healthier option for you after all of that Christmas fare!
New Year’s Eve is just days away too, so I figured the timing for these sliders is just right. We need lighter snacks, stat!
Since I’m not into terribly rich food, I love lightening up my chicken salads. Sonoma chicken salad is my favorite with celery, dried cranberries, and a much needed crunch from plenty of chopped Blue Diamond Lightly Salted Almonds. Blue Diamond almonds are a favorite of mine, and I love that the lightly salted variety is lower sodium, which was perfect for this chicken salad. The almonds are a necessity here as they add a crunchy texture to this creamy salad, along with big, toasty almond flavor.
I also added some chopped fresh rosemary because it gave the chicken salad a nice winter feel for me. I think freshly chopped herbs always make everything so much more appealing, and it makes this chicken salad even more festive.
I highly recommend the pretzel slider rolls for this chicken salad, but if you can’t find them, any type of roll will do the trick! I was able to make at least 16 sliders on some pretty good sized rolls, so if yours are smaller you can make even more.
This chicken salad is also perfect for lettuce wraps or endive if you want to go even lighter. You can’t go wrong any way you serve this up!
These Lighter Sonoma Almond Chicken Salad Sliders are the perfect healthier bites for your New Year’s Eve festivities, Game Day celebrations, and more. The salad has all the elements you want — crunchy, chewy, sweet, and savory — and will keep you and your guests coming back for more.
And since they’re so small, seconds are totally ok. 🙂
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 0%)
- ½ cup low fat mayo
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups cooked chicken breast, cubed*
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup chopped Blue Diamond Low Sodium Almonds
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 16 slider rolls
- lettuce leaves, for serving (optional)
- Whisk together the Greek yogurt, mayo, honey, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken, celery, almonds, dried cranberries, and rosemary in large bowl. Add the desired amount of dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Place a lettuce leaf on the bottom of each slider roll and top with the chicken salad. Place the top half over the chicken salad and secure with toothpicks. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by Flavor the Moments.