Baby Lettuce Salad with Raspberries, Cranberries, and Feta
I eat salad pretty much every single, solitary day. There aren’t too many days that I don’t crave one, and sometimes I even eat two. I think the key is making them interesting with different ingredients, dressings, etc. I like the good old salads that are packed with crunchy vegetables, but salads like this Baby Lettuce Salad with Raspberries, Cranberries, and Feta really appeal to me when I get in a salad rut. I love salads when they have all four elements — crunchy, chewy, salty, and sweet — and this one has all of that. Crunchy, toasted walnuts, chewy dried cranberries, salty feta cheese, and sweet, fresh raspberries. Kids even like this one, so it’s a win-win! 🙂
When I make salad, I generally make it for two — myself and my husband. Sometimes the kids get one if it’s one they’ll like, but oftentimes they’ll get cut up, fresh veggies or whatever steamed or roasted veggies are in the fridge. This recipe is just for two people, so double, triple, or quadruple it up if you’re having company! It’s very easy to make it bigger for a crowd. It’s very crowd-pleasing, too. 🙂
I made a very simple dressing for this salad because I think the ingredients are very flavorful and stand on their own! If you don’t want to mess with making your own dressing, a raspberry or balsamic vinaigrette are both excellent with this salad.
If you’re in a salad rut, it’s time to get out of it, and fast! This salad is fresh, easy, and just simply delicious. Your next meal is waiting for it. 😉
- 2 cups baby lettuce or spring mix
- ⅓ cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta
- 1½ tablespoons red wine or raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the walnut pieces in a small skillet and toast over medium heat for 3-5 minutes, or until fragrant and golden. Keep a close eye on them as they burn quickly! Set aside.
- Grab two salad plates. Place one cup of baby lettuce, half the raspberries, one tablespoon of dried cranberries, one tablespoon of toasted walnuts, and one tablespoon of crumbled feta on each plate. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, dijon, and honey. Whisking continuously, drizzle the olive oil in slowly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over the salad. Store leftover dressing in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
In a pinch? Use store bought raspberry or balsamic vinaigrette.
Recipe by Flavor the Moments.