Grilled Mexican Street Corn Salad
Grilled Mexican Street Corn Salad is an easy Mexican street corn salad recipe that’s smoky, tangy and bursting with fresh flavor!
Summer means plenty of sun, relaxation, and maybe even a sandy beach if you’re lucky. Not to mention outdoor barbecues on warm evenings, with some of the freshest, best foods of the season.
Sweet golden corn tops the charts on my list of the best foods of the season, and this Mexican street corn salad is one great way to serve it up. 🙂
Mexican Street Corn Salad
Mexican street corn, or elote, is a common Mexican street food. It’s grilled corn on the cob rubbed with spices like chili powder and paprika, and coated with a creamy mixture of crema or mayo, and cotija cheese.
It’s finished with lime juice for a nice pop of freshness, and it really doesn’t get much better!
If you’re interested, try this classic Mexican street corn recipe.
I really wanted to prepare classic Mexican street corn, but my family doesn’t like eating corn off the cob. I decided to make a Mexican street corn salad instead, and I have to admit that I love it even more.
Street corn is so much easier to eat this way! Corn kernels don’t get stuck in your teeth as much, and you can load it up with all the ingredients that you want!
My family actually did me a favor. 🙂
How to make this Mexican street corn salad recipe
This street corn salad couldn’t be easier to make.
- Start by removing the husks and silk from the corn on the cob. Rub the corn with the smoked paprika, salt and a little olive oil, and grill over medium high heat. Cook for 15 minutes or so, turning every 4-5 minutes until charred.
- Remove corn from heat and allow to cool slightly. Place on a cutting board and cut the corn kernels off of the cob and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss the corn with the onion, cilantro, lime juice, cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe tips and substitutions
- Grill the corn ahead of time and assemble the salad just before serving. Leftovers will keep in an air tight container for up to 3 days.
- Purchase corn with the husks and silks removed to save you time in a pinch.
- This recipe is highly customizable! Try this grilled Mexican street corn salad with avocado, or add jalapeños or roasted chili peppers for more spice!
Love to grill? Try these grilling recipes.
More corn recipes to enjoy:
Try these grilled corn recipes:
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 183 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 259mg Carbohydrates: 21g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 8g Protein: 4g