Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter KIND Bars
Homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter KIND Bars are the homemade version of the popular KIND bars. They’re packed with roasted cashews, almonds, peanuts, and crisp rice cereal, smothered in peanut butter, honey, and brown rice syrup. Dip them in chocolate, and they’re beyond irresistible!
I have a huge thing for KIND bars. If they’re in the house, they’re calling my name. Even if I’ve had nut butter during the day, I will still want one. I try to limit myself when it comes to nuts, but nuts are truly one of my vices.
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I tried this recipe FOUR times before I was happy about it. Now, I’m very happy about it. 🙂 I tried them with just brown rice syrup, then I tried just honey, then I tried them with peanut butter with not enough honey. Finally I think I got the combination of honey, brown rice syrup, and peanut butter just right. It was so worth the effort. 🙂
My favorite KIND bar flavor is the peanut butter dark chocolate one, so I patterned this recipe after that one. I’m not claiming that mine taste just like them, but they’re pretty darn close!
These homemade KIND bars are SO easy to make. Simply toss the nuts and rice cereal together in a bowl, melt down the honey, brown rice syrup, and peanut butter together with a pinch of salt, and pour over the nut mixture. Stir to coat, and press down into a parchment lined half sheet pan. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes, and cool. For best results, I refrigerated them once they were cool, and they were much easier to cut. If they start to get sticky on you, place them back in the fridge till they harden up. Dip them in some semi sweet or dark chocolate, and this is one delicious snack or treat.
You can certainly customize these a number of ways, with dried fruit, chocolate chips, white chocolate, or a different nut variety. The sky’s the limit with these bars. You’ve just got to give them a try. 🙂
- 1 cup dry roasted unsalted almonds
- 1 cup dry roasted unsalted cashew pieces
- 1 cup dry roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup puffed rice cereal
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed half sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the nuts and puffed rice cereal. Set aside.
- Place the honey, brown rice syrup, peanut butter, and pinch of salt in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until melted and pourable. Pour over the nut mixture, and stir to coat with a wooden spoon. Pour the mixture into the prepared baking sheet, and press down evenly using the wooden spoon or parchment paper as the mixture is sticky. Bake for 10-15 minutes, checking for doneness after 10. Cool on a wire rack.
- Once the mixture has cooled, refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until hardened. Remove from the refrigerator, and remove the mixture from the pan using the parchment paper. Cut into bars using a sharp knife.
- Place the chocolate chips in a heatproof bowl over a pot of gently simmering water, stirring until melted. The water should not touch the bottom of the bowl to prevent the chocolate from scorching. Place the chocolate in an oblong dish like a loaf pan and dip the bars in the chocolate. Place on parchment paper to set. If the chocolate has hardened, heat back up in the bowl over simmering water once again, or microwave for a few seconds. Place the chocolate in plastic zip top bag and snip off a small opening in one corner. Drizzle the chocolate over the bars. Leave at room temperature until set, then store between sheets of parchment paper in an airtight container at room temperature. Enjoy!
All oven temperatures vary, so begin checking for doneness after 10 minutes to ensure the bars aren't getting too toasty around the edges.
Recipe by Flavor the Moments. Inspired by KIND bars!