Oatmeal Zucchini Snack Bars
Oatmeal Zucchini Snack Bars are wholesome, hearty gluten-free bars packed with oats, zucchini and chocolate chips!
**The photos and recipe for this post were updated in July 2018 but the text remains the same.
My kids are back in school, so I’m trying really hard to find healthy snacks for them that aren’t out of a bag. Of course I give them some packaged snacks, but I don’t want everything they put in their mouths to be processed food.
These Oatmeal Zucchini Snack Bars fit the bill perfectly. 🙂
Zucchini Oatmeal Snack Bars
These healthy zucchini bars are something really special. They’re packed with so many wholesome ingredients including rolled oats, zucchini, banana and almond butter. The bars are flourless too, making them a great gluten-free option.
These zucchini and banana provide the moisture needed to make these bars nice and soft, and the oats are the perfect chewy contrast.
Customize your Oatmeal Zucchini Snack Bars
These zucchini oatmeal chocolate chip bars can be customized so many different ways. I chose to use maple syrup as my sweetener because it’s unrefined and I love the flavor. You can certainly use coconut sugar, honey or your sweetener of choice.
I used coconut oil in this recipe, but it may be subbed out with canola oil.
I used unsweetened almond milk here, but you can certainly substitute that with whatever you have on hand.
If you like your zucchini bars with chocolate chips the way I do, be sure and add them! I like to use Guittard extra dark chocolate chips, but you can use dairy free if you’re lactose intolerant.
My husband doesn’t like chocolate chips, so sometimes I omit them in the name of love and add chopped walnuts instead. The options are endless when it comes to the type of mix-ins that you add, and I highly recommend coconut!
These Oatmeal Zucchini Snack Bars are so wholesome and healthy that you’ll feel good about serving them for breakfast, snacks and even dessert. 🙂
More healthy snack ideas:
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or your favorite sweetener)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly (or use your favorite oil)
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1 banana, mashed (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or your favorite)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups grated zucchini, (1 lb. or about 2 medium)
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips (use dairy free if lactose intolerant)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9x13" baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup and coconut oil until well combined.
- Whisk in the almond butter, mashed banana, almond milk, and vanilla until incorporated, then whisk in the baking powder and salt.
- Stir in the grated zucchini until combined.
- Add the oats and dark chocolate chips and stir until well incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and set. Remove from heat and cool on a wire rack.
- Cut into bars, serve and enjoy!
- Bars keep well for 3-4 days at room temperature stored an air tight container. You may also refrigerate them and reheat before serving if desired.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 40mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 4gSugar: 11gProtein: 5g