Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Shallots, and Parmesan
Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Shallots and Parmesan is an easy side dish that’s perfect with anything you’re serving. It comes together quickly and the whole family will love it!
I know there’s a lot of people out there that don’t care for cauliflower, but you haven’t really experienced it until you’ve tried it roasted. This Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Shallots, and Parmesan will change the way you feel about cauliflower forever.
I like cauliflower any which way, but ever since the first time I roasted it many years ago, that’s been my favorite way to enjoy it.
Roasting caramelizes the cauliflower and brings out its natural sweetness, which makes it appealing to people that may not be fans.
I enjoy roasting cauliflower with just olive oil, salt, and pepper, but this time I made it a little more “gourmet” by adding thick slices of shallot, whole unpeeled cloves of garlic, and finishing it off with freshly grated parmesan.
How to make this recipe
This is a really speedy vegetable dish to put together!
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees, and place your cauliflower florets on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Slice three large shallots into 1/2″ slices, and add about 6 whole, unpeeled garlic cloves. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the mixture, and toss it together with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Roast on the center rack of the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the cauliflower has a nice, deep amber color.
The shallots may look like they’re burnt, but they have a nice, mellow onion flavor and they just melt in your mouth! The garlic is also nice and soft, so just squeeze it out of the skin and enjoy.
Sprinkle the parmesan over the top at the end. It adds a great nutty, umami flavor to all that wonderful roasted goodness.
If you’re a cauliflower skeptic, please try this roasted cauliflower recipe. It will make you a believer!
Serve this recipe with the following:
More roasted vegetable recipes you’ll love:
- Roasted broccoli by Love and Lemons
- Roasted brussels sprouts and carrots
- Roasted carrots and parsnips
- Roasted green beans
- Roasted kabocha squash
- Roasted root vegetables
If you try this recipe I’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment and rating below, or tag me @flavorthemoments on Instagram!
Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic and Shallots
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into small to medium sized florets
- 1 head of garlic cloves separated and left unpeeled
- 3 large shallots peeled, and cut into 1/2″ slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the cauliflower, garlic cloves, and shallots in a large rimmed baking sheets. Add the salt, pepper, and olive oil, and toss to coat. Roast for 30 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender and caramelized. Remove from the oven.
- Using a spatula, remove the vegetables from the pan and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese, serve, and enjoy!
- Recipe inspired by Bon Appetit's Parmesan-Roasted Cauliflower).
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.