Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Shallots, and Parmesan
Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Shallots, and Parmesan is cauliflower roasted with whole garlic cloves and shallots until tender and caramelized. Finish it with grated parmesan for a side dish the whole family will love!
Did you wrinkle your nose when you saw the title of this post? I know there’s a lot of people out there that don’t care for cauliflower, but you haven’t really experienced it until you’ve tried it roasted. This Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Shallots, and Parmesan will change the way you feel about cauliflower forever.
In the best possible way obviously.
I like cauliflower any which way, but ever since the first time I roasted it many years ago, that’s been my favorite way to enjoy it. Roasting caramelizes the cauliflower and brings out it’s natural sweetness, which makes it appealing to people that may not be fans.
I enjoy roasting cauliflower with just olive oil, salt, and pepper, but this time I made it a little more “gourmet” by adding thick slices of shallot, whole unpeeled cloves of garlic, and finishing it off with freshly grated parmesan.
This is a really speedy vegetable dish to put together. Just preheat the oven to 425 degrees, and place your cauliflower florets on a rimmed baking sheet. Slice three large shallots into 1/2″ slices, and add about 6 whole, unpeeled garlic cloves. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the mixture, and toss it together with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Roast on the center rack of the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the cauliflower has a nice, deep amber color.
The shallots may look like they’re burnt, but they have a nice, mellow onion flavor and they just melt in your mouth! The garlic is also nice and soft, so just squeeze it out of the skin and enjoy. The parmesan cheese gets sprinkled on at the end, and it adds a great nutty, salty flavor to all that wonderful roasted goodness.
If you’re a cauliflower skeptic, please try this Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Shallots, and Parmesan. This recipe will make you a believer!
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into small to medium sized florets
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated and left unpeeled
- 3 large shallots, peeled, and cut into ½" slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the cauliflower, garlic cloves, and shallots in a large rimmed baking sheets. Add the salt, pepper, and olive oil, and toss to coat. Roast for 30 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender and caramelized. Remove from the oven.
- Using a spatula, remove the vegetables from the pan and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese, serve, and enjoy!