Coconut Cream Pie Chia Overnight Oats are high protein overnight oats with chia seeds, Greek yogurt, and plenty of coconut. This is the healthy, delicious way to kickstart your morning!
Happy New Year! I hope you enjoyed your holidays…I certainly did. I’m more than ready to get back on track by eating healthier and getting back to my exercise routine. Since my overnight oats recipes have been in the top 10 every year since I started making them, I thought it was appropriate to kick off the new year with these Coconut Cream Pie Chia Overnight Oats.
Because pie in overnight oat form is just a fun way to start the day. And there’s coconut!
I realize these might look like they’re topped with whipped cream, but you and I know these wouldn’t be healthy if that were the case. The “cream” factor here is none other than high protein plain Greek yogurt to give us the fuel we need to start the day. I placed a dollop on top for effect because it has to look like cream pie, right?
As always, I’ve also included chia seeds in this recipe because they’re a nice thickening agent if you will. They’re also packed with nutrients like fiber, magnesium, potassium, and protein to name a few, which makes me want to add them to everything.
It takes all of 5 minutes to prep these the night before, then in the morning you can stir the Greek yogurt and coconut and just enjoy.
You can prep these ahead by making these on the weekend and placing them in jars, making them the perfect grab and go breakfast. Top them with toasted coconut flakes, your favorite fruit, sliced almonds — anything goes!
These Coconut Cream Pie Chia Overnight Oats will definitely give you your coconut cream pie fix without weighing you down. There’s no blowing your workout here — we’re starting things off right. 🙂
More overnight oats!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2½ cups refrigerated coconut milk (such as So Delicious), or your favorite milk
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup or your favorite sweetener
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt*
- ⅓ cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Toasted coconut flakes, sliced almonds, or fruit, for topping (optional)
- Place the oats, chia seeds, coconut milk, and maple syrup in a large bowl and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of 3 hours or overnight.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt and shredded coconut. Serve with toppings of your choice and enjoy!
Prep your oats ahead and store in jars or containers in the fridge for the perfect grab 'n go breakfast!
Recipe by Flavor the Moments.