This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DairyFree4All #CollectiveBias
Frozen Strawberry Brownie Bottom Cupcakes are brownies topped with strawberry non-dairy frozen dessert and an easy coconut milk chocolate ganache. This is a delicious, fun dessert that’s vegan and dairy free!
Is your mind gearing up for fall or are you still trying to hang onto summer as long as you can? I’m somewhere in the middle. While I’m looking forward to apples, pumpkin, and colder nights, I’m going to miss the warm days where I need a frozen treat to get myself through. These Frozen Strawberry Brownie Bottom Cupcakes have really helped me hang on to summer in the best possible way and are the perfect frozen treat for hot summer days!
I’m not lactose intolerant but I always have a dairy free milk in my fridge for my coffee, overnight oats, and a variety of recipes because they’re so creamy and delicious. I’m a huge fan of the So Delicious Dairy Free® products, so when I was walking through Walmart and I saw the So Delicious Dairy Free® Frozen Desserts, I knew I had to try them. There are so many varieties to choose from, and they’re the perfect dairy free desserts for warm weather!
Choosing one flavor was difficult, so I scooped up two — Coconut Milk Simply Strawberry and Cashew Milk Salted Caramel Cluster. 🙂
So Delicious Dairy Free® is a brand that I trust for a variety of reasons. Many of their products are made with organic ingredients and are always 100% plant-based and Non-GMO Project Verified with no artificial flavors, colors, trans-fats, or hydrogenated oils. They’ve been bringing joy to dairy-free lives for 25 years, and they offer a delicious array of dairy-free delights that you can feel good about sipping, biting, pouring, scooping, licking, and chugging throughout your day. 🙂
I love that So Delicious Dairy Free® is committed to doing the right things for people and our planet from their world-class allergen-testing program to the innovative work they do creating creating products with only the highest quality ingredients. To learn more, visit their website at www.sodeliciousdairyfree.com.
I wanted to create a fun frozen treat using the So Delicious Dairy Free® Simply Strawberry Frozen Dessert, and decided on a frozen brownie cupcake. Since So Delicious Dairy Free® products are certified vegan, I decided to create a vegan brownie based off of my Coconut Macadamia Brownie recipe. The brownies contain coconut oil instead of butter, and I omitted the eggs and used flax eggs, which is a combination of flaxseed meal and water. The texture is nice and chewy, and you’d never know it was vegan!
This recipe comes together very quickly — the hardest part is waiting for the cupcakes to freeze so you can eat them. Just mix up your brownie batter and line 24 standard muffin cups with foil liners. The foil liners are a necessity as they hold up to the So Delicious Dairy Free® Simply Strawberry Frozen Dessert and keep the brownies from sticking. Place 1 heaping tablespoon of the brownie batter in each muffin cup, smooth slightly, and bake.
While your brownies are baking, remove the So Delicious Dairy Free® Simply Strawberry Frozen Dessert from the freezer to soften. Once the brownies have cooled, top each of them with about 2 tablespoons of the frozen dessert and smooth. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for about 1 hour.
I love topping frozen treats with a chocolate sauce, so I made a vegan chocolate ganache made with coconut milk. The ganache is so silky smooth and chocolatey, and I had to refrain from eating it with a spoon!
When the cupcakes were frozen, I topped each of them with some ganache and a fresh, juicy strawberry. The So Delicious Dairy Free® Simply Strawberry Frozen Dessert is so creamy with big strawberry flavor, and was the perfect contrast to the chewy, chocolatey brownie base and luscious chocolate sauce.
These Frozen Strawberry Brownie Bottom Cupcakes will definitely help you hang on to summer a little bit longer and are the perfect warm weather frozen treats!
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 6 tablespoons water
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar (or your favorite sweetener)
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 pints So Delicious Dairy Free® Simply Strawberry Frozen Dessert, softened
- 6 ounces (about 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips (vegan)
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk
- Fresh strawberries, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line (2) standard muffin pans with foil liners.
- Prepare the flax eggs. In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed meal and water. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Melt the coconut oil and place in a medium bowl. Add the flax eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and stir just until incorporated.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon of batter in each muffin cup and spread the batter to the edges with the back of the tablespoon. Bake in the middle rack of the oven for about 8 minutes, turning the pans halfway through to ensure even baking. Cool completely on wire racks.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the So Delicious Dairy Free® Simply Strawberry Frozen Dessert over each brownie and spread to the edges with the back of the tablespoon. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for about 1 hour.
- Fill a large saute pan with water about 2" full. Heat over medium heat until simmering, then reduce the heat to low.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut milk in a medium heat proof bowl. Place the bowl in the simmering water and stir with a rubber scraper constantly until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is emulsified, about 3 minutes. Let the ganache stand at room temperature to cool slightly.
- Top each frozen cupcake with the desired amount of ganache and a fresh strawberry. Serve and enjoy!
It's ok to top the cupcakes with the ganache and place them back in the freezer until ready to serve! Store leftover cupcakes in a zip top freezer bag in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
Store leftover ganache in an airtight container in the refrigerator and heat before serving.
Recipe by Flavor the Moments.
Take a trip to your local Walmart store and check out the many varieties of So Delicious Dairy Free® Frozen Desserts. For more #DairyFree4All inspiration, visit here!