No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bars
No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bars are the gluten-free, vegan bars made with only 5 ingredients with hardly any effort. They’re so delicious, you won’t believe they’re healthy!
I’ve become a bit obsessed with energy bars ever since I made my No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bars. In fact, I made this peanut butter version only days after I ran out of the chocolate ones, and I absolutely love these more. I’m not sure why — maybe it’s because these taste more peanut buttery? And if peanut buttery isn’t a word, it should be. If you’re a peanut butter lover like me, you just may become addicted to these. There, I warned you. 🙂
Tsk tsk for me not sharing these with you sooner, because I’ve made them 3 times before I photographed them. Every single I time I eat one, I hum a little happy “mmm-mmm” thing after every bite. No joke. I look so forward to eating one for breakfast or as a post-workout snack whenever they’re around, and I try to make them whenever possible. I like having snacks around that don’t come out of a box, and these are way tastier, too.
Aside from these being tasty, you can whip these bars up with only 5 ingredients — peanut butter, maple syrup or honey, coconut oil, oats, and chocolate chips if you’re using them. You can use one bowl, too, if you’re so inclined. I like to heat the peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil up over the stove up until it’s melted together, but you can just microwave them for a bit in a big bowl and just dump in the oats. See how easy that is?
Press your mixture into a parchment lined 8×8″ pan, and press the chocolate chips down over the top. Pop in the fridge until set, which takes several hours or overnight. The bars are very easy to cut when they’re nice and cold, and they should also be stored in the fridge as they just don’t hold their shape when they’re at room temperature. They’d still be good in crumbles, but it would be a bit messy that way.
The bottom line is, these No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Energy Bars are going to be your new favorite thing. They can be whatever you want them to be — breakfast, snack, or even dessert. It doesn’t matter when you have ’em…you just need to have ’em. Minimal effort + minimal ingredients = maximum deliciousness. 🙂
More satisfying snacks!
- 1½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup peanut butter (I used Laura Scudders Natural Crunchy)
- ¼ cup maple syrup*
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil*
- ½ cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips*
- Line an 8x8" baking dish with parchment paper and set aside. Place the oats in a medium bowl and set aside. Heat the peanut butter, maple syrup, and coconut oil in a small sauce pan until melted and well incorporated. Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oats and stir until the oats are well coated. Press down into the prepared pan in an even layer. If the mixture is still warm, let it cool slightly before pressing in the chocolate chips. Once cool, press the chocolate chips in gently over the top, and refrigerate for 4-6 hours or overnight. When the mixture has set, remove from the pan using the parchment paper, and cut into bars. Store bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and enjoy!
*Canola oil may be substituted for the coconut oil.
*Use certified gluten-free oats to make these bars gluten-free, and dairy-free chocolate chips may be used to make them dairy free.
If you'd rather make these bars in one bowl, simply heat the peanut butter, oil, and maple syrup together in the microwave, stir until combined, and stir in the oats!
Recipe by Flavor the Moments.