Maple Roasted Carrot and Parsnip Fries
Maple Roasted Carrot and Parsnip Fries are wedges of carrots and parsnips oven roasted with maple syrup and olive oil. They’re so caramelized and delicious, nobody will complain about eating their veggies!
I’m keeping up with the healthy posts today, but I have to warn you — my head has been swirling mercilessly with fun Valentine’s Day inspired dishes for a few weeks now, and I’m not going to be able to hold back much longer. This means that next week may look a little differently depending on what visions take shape this weekend…I’m just sayin’. 🙂 Until then, we will enjoy these Maple Roasted Carrot and Parsnip Fries, because they are SO enjoyable. Fries that aren’t greasy. Fries that taste great. Fries with no shame. 😉
The thing with these fries is, they’re roasted in a bit of olive oil and maple syrup, and that’s it. Carrots are so sweet anyway, so when they’re roasted, they get sweeter and caramelized. If you’re not familiar with parsnips, well, they’re basically the carrot’s cousin with an earthy flavor. I have to tell you that I would choose parsnips over carrots any day, and that’s sayin’ something. 🙂
This right here is a side dish that’s going to perk up any plate and palate. Who wouldn’t be excited to eat these fries? I was so excited in fact, I ate this entire plate after I photographed it. I did say these fries had no shame remember, and neither did I for eating all of them. 🙂
- 4 large carrots, tops removed, halved widthwise, halved lengthwise, and cut into wedges about ½" thick
- 4 large parsnips, tops removed, halved widthwise, halved lengthwise, and cut into wedges about ½" thick
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, toss the carrots and parsnips with the olive oil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper until evenly coated. Pour onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and turn over, and continue to bake for another 15 minutes, or until tender and caramelized. Serve immediately!
Recipe from Flavor the Moments.