Bacon Chive Deviled Eggs are creamy, delicious deviled eggs topped with fresh chives and crumbled bacon. They’re a huge crowd pleaser and perfect for entertaining!
Finally, finally I’m getting a deviled egg recipe to you. I’ve wanted to for a long time, and something always seems to get in the way! I told myself to buckle down and get ‘er done, only to find myself stuck on the decision on whether to do them classic style, or add a little twist. Are you ever indecisive in the kitchen? Sometimes I drive myself crazy because I have too many ideas. I decided to make these Bacon Chive Deviled Eggs because they’re pretty much classic deviled eggs with chives make things a little fancy, and bacon because you can never go wrong with bacon and eggs.
‘Nuff said. 🙂
I should count myself lucky if deciding on a deviled egg recipe was my toughest decision of the day, and I guess I do. I also count myself lucky because I got to eat as many of these bad boys as I wanted to after I took the photos. There are a lot of perks with this blogging thing I tell ya.
Deviled eggs are always a great appetizer to serve for Easter, but let’s face it, they’re even better to make with leftover hard boiled eggs. And life gets even more fun if they’re pastel colored from all that Easter egg dye. 😉
Last year I made my Easy French Style Egg Salad, which I loved, and that provided the chive inspiration for these eggs. I love chives because they add a nice freshness just like herbs, and a mild onion flavor to boot. And who can resist how pretty they look? Not me…they’re just the special touch these deviled eggs need.
As for the whole bacon and egg thing — it’s undeniable. Creamy deviled eggs with freshness from the chives and salty crumbled bacon is just what hard boiled eggs want to strive to become. I know this because they told me…or did I just think they were talking to me after I ate my third one?
I’ll stop rambling now and just tell you try these Bacon Chive Deviled Eggs because they’re fabulous, tasty, and just plain egg-cellent! With a little side of fancy and bacon-y goodness.
You totally need these for Easter. 🙂
More Egg-cellent recipes!
- 6 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons reduced fat Vegenaise or mayo
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled*
- Place the eggs in a small sauce pan and fill with enough water to cover them by 1". Cover and bring to a rolling boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and keep covered for 12 minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the sauce pan with a slotted spoon and place in a colander. Rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process and until they're cool enough to handle.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and place the yolks in a small bowl. Mash the yolks with a fork until fairly smooth. Add the mayo, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper, to taste, and blend into the yolks with the fork until well combined.
- Pipe or spoon the yolk mixture into the cavities of each egg, and sprinkle with the chives and top with the crumbled bacon. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe by Flavor the Moments.