Cheesy Corn Dip Stuffed Jalapenos
\Cheesy Corn Dip Stuffed Jalapeños are stuffed jalapeño peppers filled with cheesy, creamy corn dip and topped with bacon!
Welcome to another edition of Farmer’s Market Friday! This week, we’re celebrating fresh, sweet CORN. 🙂
I’ve been roasting corn like there’s no tomorrow in dishes like my grilled corn salad, Zucchini corn fritters, and quinoa stuffed peppers, so it’s about time I got around to featuring it for Farmer’s Market Friday.
The truth is, I was obsessed with summer fruit, but now my mind is shifting to savory produce.
And it doesn’t get more savory than these cheesy stuffed jalapeño peppers!
Stuffed Jalapeño Peppers
Jalapeño poppers and warm corn dip collide in this stuffed jalapeño peppers recipe.
The corn dip is cheesy and indulgent, and studded with fresh (or frozen!) roasted corn.
The spicy jalapeño peppers are the perfect contrast to the rich corn dip, and salty bacon tops these bites for big umami flavor!
How to make stuffed jalapeño peppers
These addicting bites couldn’t be easier to make, especially if you use leftover grilled corn or frozen roasted corn.
- Get your oven preheating, and halve the jalapeños, making sure to remove the seeds and membranes to cut down on the spiciness.
- Combine the Vegenaise or mayo, sour cream, garlic, spices, cilantro, cheese, corn and spices in a medium bowl.
- Fill each jalapeño half with the dip, and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the jalapeños are tender and the corn dip is heated through.
- Top with the crumbled bacon and chopped cilantro and serve warm.
How do you cook stuffed jalapeños?
I baked mine in the oven, but you can also grill them. Wrap them loosely in foil, or place in a cast iron skillet or on a grill pan over medium heat until tender.
Grilled stuffed jalapeño peppers will have a nice smoky flavor that will only enhance them!
Recipe tips and substitutions
- Make your stuffed jalapeño peppers vegetarian by omitting the bacon.
- Lighten up the corn dip by using less cheese, and substituting the mayo and sour cream with low fat Greek yogurt.
Need more appetizer ideas? Try these appetizer recipes.
More jalapeño recipes you’ll love:
Try these other delicious corn recipes:
- 8 large jalapeño peppers, halved, seeded and white membranes removed
For the dip:
- 1/2 cup Veganaise or mayo
- 1/2 sour cream
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cooked fresh corn or thawed frozen corn (see notes)
- 1/2 cup medium cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 slices cooked, crumbled bacon, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the halved jalapeños on a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
Prepare the dip:
- Place the Veganaise, sour cream, garlic, onion powder, cayenne pepper, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir until well combined. Add the corn, chopped cilantro, and cheese, and stir until incorporated. Fill the jalapeños with the dip, about 1 1/2 - 2 tablespoonfuls each, and place in the oven. Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the peppers are soft and the dip is golden brown. If the dip browns too quickly, cover with foil. Remove from heat and top with crumbled bacon, serve, and enjoy!
- To roast the corn, remove the husk and silk, and grill over medium heat until the kernels are charred, about 10 minutes, turning often. Cool and cut the kernels from the cob. You can roast the corn in advance and store it in an airtight container in the fridge until you're ready to use it, or use frozen, thawed roasted corn to save time.
- Make this dip as light or indulgent as you prefer! Use full fat, low fat mayo or sour cream, or use low fat Greek yogurt.
- Omit the bacon to make this recipe vegetarian.
Serving Size:2 peppers
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 235mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information is mean to be an estimate only. The numbers will vary based on the quantity consumed, brands used and substitutions that are made.