15+ Easy Air Fryer Recipes
Whether you just purchased an air fryer or you’ve been using one for a while, you’ll love these 15 Easy Air Fryer Recipes! You’ll find recipes for air fried chicken breast, salmon, baked potatoes, broccoli and more, and you won’t believe how easy they are to make. If you’re wondering if air fryers are worth it, this post also covers pros and cons and frequently asked questions to help you learn more about this amazing appliance!
The air fryer is one of the best purchases I’ve ever made. It’s made cooking even easier for me, and I’m always excited to find new ways to put it to use.
Whether you’re new to air frying or you’re a seasoned veteran, these 15 Easy Air Fryer Recipes that are so delicious and simple to prepare that you’ll make them time and time again.
If you’re thinking about purchasing an air fryer or want to learn more about how it works, you’ll find that information below as well!
Air fryer pros and cons
If you haven’t purchased one and you’re wondering if air fryers are worth it, the list below will show you that the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
- It cooks evenly. The air fryer is essentially a convection oven. The food sits in a wire basket or on a tray, and the air circulates around it, ensuring that it’s cooked evenly.
- It’s fast. An oven must be preheated, but there’s no need to preheat the air fryer which saves a significant amount of time.
- Clean-up is a breeze. The air fryer is extremely easy to clean and most have non-stick baskets or trays that are dishwasher safe. It’s also enclosed, so there are no messy splatters to clean in the kitchen.
- Less fat is needed. You can fry foods the healthy way! Just a bit of oil will produce perfectly fried french fries, chicken, fish and more.
- It’s multi-faceted. This appliance does it all. It can fry, bake, roast, dehydrate and it cooks frozen foods perfectly.
- No oven is necessary. The air fryer provides a convenient way to cook without turning on an oven or grill, which is perfect for hot days!
- It’s great for 2 people. The air fryer is great when you’re cooking small batches of food for 2 people or a small family.
- It’s ideal for college students. This is the perfect appliance for college students as it takes up minimal space, it’s easy to use and it cooks frozen foods perfectly.
- It’s an extension of the oven. If you’re hosting a dinner party or holiday and you’re cooking several dishes, the air fryer can tackle a side dish, appetizer or even dessert for you.
- It’s cost effective. Air fryer cost will vary, but my Ninja air fryer is very reasonable at about $99, then they go up from there depending on what you’re looking for.
- Size. The smaller size limits the amount of food that you can cook at once, so cooking in batches may be necessary. You can purchase the larger size toaster oven style air fryer to tackle larger batches, but this model requires more clean-up in my experience.
- Space requirements. If your kitchen is small, it may be challenging to find a spot on the counter or storage space for your air fryer.
Air fryer FAQs
It’s essentially a convection oven as the air circulates around the food. This ensures that food cooks more evenly.
A convection oven is much larger in size and it requires preheating. Air fryers range in size from the smaller pod-style models to counter top ovens, and they require no preheating.
You can cook just about anything in your air fryer! You can roast chicken, bake cheesecake, fry french fries, dehydrate fruits and veggies, and it cooks frozen foods perfectly as well.
There are so many options on the market, so the best air fryer depends on your needs, how much money you want to spend, and how much space you have.
A pod style air fryer requires minimal counter space and it’s reasonably priced. If you’d like the ability to cook two dishes at once or larger batches of food, the dual basket or counter top oven models are additional options.
15 Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners
Whether you’re learning how to use an air fryer or you’re a seasoned veteran, you’ll turn to these quick and easy air fryer recipes time and time again.