Easy Greek Salad Recipe
This Easy Greek Salad Recipe will transport you straight to Greece! It’s fresh, flavorful and tossed in tangy homemade Greek dressing. This versatile salad is perfect as a light lunch or side dish and it’s so easy to make!
While I eat Greek food year round, summer is when I go into overdrive. Tomatoes and cucumbers are at their peak, so I make tzatziki and Greek quinoa salad constantly.
Horiati is one of my favorite salads to enjoy because of its rustic simplicity, but when I’m craving something crisp, cool and fresh, I turn to this Greek salad recipe.
I have a few Greek salad recipes here, but they’re all different in their own rites. Two of my favorite summer side dishes are Greek panzanella, which is complete with homemade croutons, and Greek orzo salad has been a family favorite for years!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- It’s crisp, fresh and packed with savory flavor.
- This Greek salad is a versatile recipe that works as a light lunch or side dish for almost anything you’re serving.
- It suits any special diet with just a few customizations.
- Add grilled chicken or shrimp to make it even more satisfying!
Greek salad ingredients
There are only a few simple ingredients in this chickpea Greek salad, and it really shines when the freshest vegetables are used.
- Romaine lettuce. I love using pre-washed romaine leaves — it’s a huge time saver.
- Feta cheese. I love using a block of feta cheese or one that’s marinated as they are softer and creamier with a fresher flavor.
- Chickpeas. The chickpeas make this salad nice and hearty, and also add some protein. They can be omitted or substituted with white beans if you don’t have any on hand.
- Greek dressing. My homemade Greek salad dressing will make this Greek salad next level. It’s easy to make and may be made in advance.
How to make this recipe
When you’re ready to serve, place all of the ingredients for this chickpea Greek salad in a big bowl and toss with enough dressing to coat.
Pro tip: Prep your ingredients ahead and store separately until you’re ready to serve the salad.
I love that this Greek salad recipe is satisfying enough to enjoy for a light lunch or dinner, or pair with some of my favorite recipes below:
- The dressing may be made in advance and stored in the fridge in an air tight container.
- For best results, toss the Greek salad right before serving to prevent the lettuce from wilting.
- Pro tip: I like to have my lettuce and other components chopped ahead of time when I’m entertaining. I place the prepped lettuce in the salad bowl and keep the other components in prep bowls until I’m ready to toss and serve the salad.
More salad recipes you’ll love:
- Caprese salad
- Baby lettuce salad with raspberries
- Broccoli kale salad
- Butter lettuce salad
- Chicken Cobb salad
- Citrus salad
- Cucumber tomato salad by Spend with Pennies
- Fig arugula salad
- Mexican corn salad
- Pear salad
- Persimmon salad
- Radicchio salad
- Roasted beet salad
- Spinach apple salad
- Three bean salad
Did you try this recipe? If so, be sure to leave a review below and tag me @flavorthemoments on Facebook and Instagram
Easy Greek Salad Recipe
- 7 ounces organic romaine leaves chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 medium cucumber chopped
- 1/2 small red onion sliced thinly and chopped
- 1 cup chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Greek olives halved
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- [Easy Greek Salad Dressing]
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl and toss until well coated with the desired amount of Greek salad dressing.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- The Greek salad dressing may be made in advance and stored in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
- Pro tip: If you’d like to prep the ingredients ahead, chop them and store them separately in the refrigerator, then toss them together just before serving.
- Salad is best the day that it’s prepared.
Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes.
8 Comments on “Easy Greek Salad Recipe”
Chopped salads are definitely a favorite of mine too! Yum, I love Greek salads.
Aww, well I hope that you enjoy soaking up the summer with your not so little boys! 🙂
Thanks Nicole and I hope you had a wonderful 4th!
Marcie, you have me craving salad! This looks so delicious – love the flavors!
I’m currently craving salad every day! Thank you Kelly! 🙂
chickpeas and lettuce with greek salad dressing! sounds so yumm
Thanks so much Priya!
I always love your salads Marcie, and this one is on the list to try this summer. I actually just bought the ingredients to make your Italian Chopped Salad! Can’t wait to dig into it!
Thank you so much Leanne– I appreciate that! And I hope you love the Italian version. It’s a favorite of mine!