Power Greens Salad with Pear and Blackberries
Power Greens Salad with Pear and Blackberries is a nutritious blend of power greens, juicy pears, sweet blackberries, feta cheese, and toasted pecans tossed in an apple cider vinaigrette!
**The photos for this post were updated in September 2018. The recipe and text remain unchanged.
I haven’t shared a salad with you in such a long time that I’ve been going through withdrawals. The last one I shared here was in July!
I got sidetracked thinking about comfort foods like lasagna and enchiladas with fall on the horizon, but since salads are a daily staple for me it’s high time that I created this Power Greens Salad with Pear and Blackberries to keep my salad game interesting.
I had the idea for this salad over a month ago and have been tinkering with it behind the scenes ever since. Maybe you caught a couple of my stories on Instagram?
It was some delicious tinkering, because this salad is full of ingredients that I love.
Power Greens Salad
Originally I tested this salad using spring greens, but when I set out to make it for the third time I realized I only had power greens in the fridge. I used the power greens and I loved the salad even more!
If you’re not familiar with power greens, they’re a blend of some of the most nutritious greens that often include baby chard, spinach and kale. These greens are packed with vitamins and minerals and they have a hearty flavor that I love.
My kids happen to love these greens in salads and in smoothies like my Power Greens Smoothie, so I try to keep them on hand.
The hearty greens are perfectly balanced with the juicy pear and sweet blackberries, and the salty feta cheese and toasted pecans give the salad the savory flavor and crunch that it needs.
This salad’s got it all!
Every salad needs a great dressing, and this Power Greens Salad recipe has just that. It’s tossed in an apple cider vinaigrette, which is tangy, sweet and absolutely delicious.
The apple cider vinaigrette is so versatile that it’s my go-to dressing during the fall.
This is a nutritious salad that everyone will be excited to eat. 🙂
More amazing salad recipes!
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 ounce container Power Green or Super Green Blend
- (1) large Bartlett pear, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 pint blackberries, halved if large
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup toasted pecan pieces
Prepare the dressing:
- Place the vinegar, maple syrup, dijon, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste in a mason jar and screw on the lid tightly. Shake vigorously until emulsified.
Assemble the salad:
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Toss gently with enough of the dressing to coat, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- You can find pre-toasted pecan pieces at Trader Joe's. To toast your own, place pecan pieces on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes in the oven at 350 degrees.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 188mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information is mean to be an estimate only. The numbers will vary based on the quantity consumed, brands used and substitutions that are made.